These Armoured Black and Gold Nails with studs were inspired by the medieval period. Where luxury, represented by gold in this nail design, went hand in hand with brutality, represented by black and the studs. Yes, dear readers, it’s safe to assume someone has been watching too much of Game Of Thrones recently. It’s an addictive series, so don’t be surprised when you see a Game of Thrones nail art tutorial on SoNailicious.
To get the look:
- Paint all nails in thick gold shimmer or super fine gold glitter.
- Using a thick striping nail art brush, paint white chevron details on all nails.
- Using a thin striping nail art brush, outline the white chevrons and paint thin black stripes on pointer and litter finger nails.
- Using black polish on a thick nail art brush, fill the space between the white chevrons and base/tip of the finger on middle and ring finger.
- Using thin striping nail art brush, paint thin black triangles over white chevron details.
- Stick studs over the finished design (if you need a detailed tutorial on how to deal with studs – refer to Studded Nails Tutorial from 30 Easy Nail Designs book)
- Wait for your design to dry for 10-15 minutes and seal it with a top coat. Done!
So how do you like these Armoured Black and Gold Nails? And, what do you think about an idea of putting together a Game of Thrones step-by-step nail art tutorial?