We’re starting to publish articles prepared by our super talented contributors from around the world. Meet Astrid from Love’s Sweet As. She’s a fellow Australian nail polish enthusiast with a soft spot for all things cute. Today Astrid shows you how to re-create these stunning Sideways French nails in pastel purple and silver. Enjoy! Maria, xx
When I hear the word spring the first thing I think of are lovely pastel colours. So the colour scheme for today’s spring nail art tutorial was pretty much predetermined – pastel purple with a perfect companion, silver. The pattern is a modern take on the French manicure, the Sideways French. However, instead of using two different colours to create the sideways curve I used silver glitter and rhinestones. Who doesn’t love a bit of spring bling?
The best thing about this nail art is that it’s super easy to do. Bonus #2: Sideways French nails will suit almost any occasion – prom, date, dinner out or cocktails with the girls, you name it!
Check out the tutorial below to learn how to do these lovely spring nails at home.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Pastel purple nail polish.
- Top coat.
- Silver rhinestones.
- Loose silver glitter.
- Paint all your nails with two coats of a pastel purple nail polish.
- Paint your nails with one coat of topcoat, while its still wet place three rhinestones along one side of your nail using a pair of tweezers.
- Paint one nail with another coat of topcoat, while its still wet place individual pieces of silver glitter around the rhinestones in a curved shape down the side of the nail. Repeat for each nail. To place the glitter, put a small amount of topcoat on a bit of plastic (or foil, or paper), dip the end of a toothpick in it then use the toothpick to pick up a piece of glitter, touch it to your nail where you want the glitter to be placed.
- Paint you nails with another coat of top coat to seal in the glitter and create a nice shine, then you’re done!
Hope you enjoyed this Sideways French spring nail art tutorial! Look forward to seeing your version!