Last week we added a fantastic new nail polish range, Severina, to the SoNailicious Boutique. The most exciting are the two shimmering matte nail polishes, Soft Silver and Gunmetal Black. They look very shimmery in the bottle but once they’re on your nails and fully dried, they transform into a chic matte look. You can also apply a glossy top coat to turn the matte manicure back into a stunning, multi-dimensional shimmer.
What amazed me the most is the ease of application and how even they look on nails. You know those annoying streaks shimmering nail polishes tend to have when you’re applying them? Well, Severina nail polishes are streak-free. Not sure how the Severina guys managed to concoct such formula, but I’m definitely keen to try more of their amazing polishes and make them available in the SoNailicious Boutique ASAP!
Read the full review below!
- Formula: Very easy to apply. Also fast drying and 3-free.
- Application: 2 coats will ensure full coverage. It’s really easy to apply, even though it’s a shimmer it evens out perfectly without any streaks or imperfections. Nails almost look nail wraps – super smooth and even.
- Finish: Perfect matte, if it’s worn without a top coat and it turns into a stunning black shimmer when worn with a glossy top coat.
- Brush: Soft brush, it’s ok to use.
- Wearability: With a top coat it lasted 3 days chip free.
- Nail Art: Perfect for any kind of nail art or on its own.
Overall Impression: An interesting gunmetal black matte nail polish that also can be worn with a glossy top coat resulting in a completely different finish – bright black shimmer. Moreover, it’s one of the very few shimmer nail polishes that can be applied flawlessly without any hassle. We specifically included photos of close ups to show how perfectly even the surface with just 2 coats – so have a second look at those!
Availability: exclusively at SoNailiciousBoutique, online – $11.60 here.
Do you wear matte nail polish often? And, how do you like this new Severina Gunmetal? Do you prefer matte or glossy version?