Meet Sea Siren, the new Australian indie polish brand that we believe has a great future! Fantastic colours, great formula and super-cool packaging are just some of the reasons to love this brand. If you’re following our Instagram or Facebook, you’ve probably seen us sporting Sea Siren polishes already. We’ve been test driving this new range for a month now. We literally went through the entire Sea Siren range of finishes, colours & top coats before writing this post. Yep, we’re that thorough!
Before we get to the technical details, here’s a few things you should know about this brand:
- Sea Siren Cosmetics are Australian made and Australian owned.
- Launched in 2013, the Sea Siren polish range now consists of 40 colours and 3 nail care products – base, top and matte top coats.
- All colours come in 2 sizes, a full size bottle and a mini, which is awesome for those of us who travel a lot. You can easily fit 20 Sea Siren “Wanderlust Minis” in a small makeup bag. It won’t be heavy either.
- All Sea Siren nail polish is delivered in individual boxes which is ideal for gifts and for storage. Vertical stacking!
- The formula is 5-free, vegan friendly and cruelty free.
Sound exciting? Read our full review below!
- Formula: Great density, fast drying formula. The formula is Cruelty Free, Vegan Friendly and 5-Free, ie. no Formaldehyde, Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde Resins and Camphor.
- Application: super easy to apply. Just 2 layers of polish required to achieve 100% opacity. For white polish – 3 coats required. You can wear this polish without top coat, it’s quite glossy on it’s own.
- Finish: Sea Siren range includes shimmer, creams and glitters. Highly pigmented creams are particularly amazing!
- Brush: the brush is on the thinner side but still it’s easy to use.
- Wearability: Super long lasting, this blue ombre manicure lasted 5 days chip free without top coat.
- Nail Art: Perfect for any kind of nail art.
- Extra Notes: Sea Siren matte top coat is fantastic! It’s fast-drying and gives a nice, 100% even matte effect. Out of all the matte top coats we’ve tried so far this one is one of the best.
Overall Impression: Excellent quality nail polish, 5-free, long lasting & fast drying. Pretty much the ideal nail polish, especially if you love bright colours and cremes. It’s a bit more expensive than your average indie nail polish but the outstanding quality & professional packaging make this a worthwhile investment. Plus you can always get minis they’re half the price but the qulity and the brush are the same.
Available: now online via Sea Siren shop $15.95 per 15 ml bottle and $6.95 for 5 ml bottle.
Have you tried Sea Siren nail polish before? Are you keen to give it a go?
– Maria, xx
Disclosure: this post is brought to you by Sea Siren Cosmetics. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of the brand. Read full disclosure policy here.