To continue on subject of red, here’s a new nail art design that I created recently. You may have spotted it in yesterday’s photos ;) As I mentioned previously, red can be a challenging colour to use in nail designs. It can be a bit harsh. With more practice however, I found that the following colour combinations work best:
- red and gold – for a feminine or luxurious touch,
- red and black – for a fierce evening look.
- red & neutral (grey or nude) – for an office friendly look.
Though today, I’m showing you something completely new – these light, springtime (or summertime in my case) red and white nails. This design was created by combining two techniques, coloured studs and striping tape. The break down below explains in more details how to recreate the look.
TO GET THE LOOK:
- Paint alternating finger in red and white opaque polishes.
- Paint ring finger nail with red glitter.
- Attach coloured studs on pointer and small finger nails. Follow this tutorial.
- When you middle finger dries create the stripey details. How to in this striping tape tutorial.
- Allow sufficient time for all nails to dry and seal with 2 layers of clear, fast drying top coat.
So do you use red nail polish often in your designs? What are your favorite colour combinations with red?
If you have some examples, feel free to leave links in the comments below or if you re-create these red and white nails tag them #SoNailicious on Instagram/Twitter, I’d love to see your version!