So excited to present you the new Platinum Polish Fall 2015 collection! It arrived in the SoNailicious Boutique recently and the new colours have far exceeded my expectations. A stunning palette of 7 limited edition colours that includes 3 classic cremes, 1 frosty matte and 3 fabulous shimmers. The soft bright colours have a 70’s retro-vibe that are right on trend at the moment. The colours work exceptionally well together, so much so that I’ve already created several nail designs with this collection.
So let’s take a look at the colours first and we’ll go into the technical details in the full review below!
The new Platinum Polish Fall 2015 collection includes:
- Light Lavender – matte polish in cool light lavender shade with strong silver shimmer
- Lilac – bold lilac creme
- Delicate Peach – creme polish in soft peach shade
- Coral – bright coral creme with cool undertones
- Wild Orchid – neon purple creme with subtle fuchsia shimmer
- Midnight Red – dark purple-red with strong metallic purple and red shimmer.
- Ocean Blue – bright turquoise creme with subtle icy blue shimmer
Formula: The formula is cruelty-free and 4-free. It does not contain formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates or camphor. The polishes are highly pigmented and glossy*, but not very fast-drying. You’ll need 2 coats to get them fully opaque, except for Light Lavender – you’ll need 3 coats with this one to achieve a fully opaque finish.
Application: Flat, professional brushes make it very easy to apply these polishes.
- Wild Orchid and Ocean Blue are more than just typical cremes, they contain a very fine shimmer making the particles imperceptible and creating an extra glossy look. The subtle shimmer makes these polishes appear richer and more vibrant in colour.
- Light Lavender, the only matte nail polish in the collection. It has a sheer-ish formula that also makes it suitable as a top coat. Think Dior Perle, but significantly more affordable.
- Lilac, Delicate Peach and Coral are classic glossy cremes
- Midnight Red – rich creme with metallic effect and a fine shimmer.
Wearability: Super long lasting, with a top coat these polishes can last up to 7 days.
Nail Art: Great for any kind of nail art but also quite beautiful on their own.
* The pictured swatches below are without a top coat.
Availability: now here – $10.90 per bottle. These polishes are a limited edition so I’d recommend buying them soon. They are already selling fast!
Needless to say, I’m keeping one of each colour for
myself some lucky friends this Christmas! And, what do you think about the new collection? Have you got a favorite Platinum Polish colour?
– Maria, xx