The glitter gradient we’re showing you today was a result of experimenting with these ombre nails. One of the major trends in nail art right now is layering different effects over each other. Ombre nails can be used as a great base for tribal or striping tape nail designs. In our case, we went with one of the easiest, but still impressive looking nail designs – glitter gradient over ombre. Plus, we were dying to try the new gunmetal glitter, ORLY Atomic Splash from the ORLY Flash Glam Winter collection. Ombre reinforced with the dark, super shiny glitter made our nails look like tiny jewels!
Want to know more? Scroll down for a quick how to…
- Do ombre nails as usual. Let them touch dry.
- Apply dark glitter on the tips of your nails gently, with a nail polish brush. Then dab some more glitter particles on tips.*
- Seal your manicure with one or two layers of top coat.
*Most ORLY Flash Glam glitters are perfect for gradient nail art. Some other brands require a sponge or glitter placement (individual glitter particles picked up and placed where needed).
What about you dear nailicious comrades? Do you like glitter gradients? If so, what are your favorite colour-glitter combinations? Make sure you show it to us by tagging your nail art #sonailicous on Instagram/Twitter.
Did you enjoy this post?
- Then stick around! Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter here to get our weekly email updates with the latest nail news, tutorials and nail care tips.
Do you know someone who would enjoy this article?
- Please share this post and make them happy!