It’s New Year’s Eve and everything is sparkling, fancy dresses, champagne and fireworks lighting up the sky. So let’s see if we can get some sparkles on our fingertips too, sophisticated and edgy sparkles that is.
These Sparkling New Years Eve nails are easy and quick. Whether you’re refreshing your plain dark nails at the last minute or getting ready for a special occasion, this nail art tutorial will deliver. Maximum impact with minimum effort making it perfect for beginners! So let’s get or NYE sparkle on!
YOU WILL NEED:
- black nail polish
- base coat and top coat
- lightning bolt nail stickers
- loose glitter in 3 different colours
- big fluffy brush
1. Paint two coats of black nail polish. Then apply 1 coat of fast drying top coat. Let them dry completely.
2. Apply Lightning Bolt nail stickers as pictured.
3. Choose 3 colours of loose glitter, open them all and put a paper towel under your hand*. Start with one nail. Paint one side of the nail with top coat**. Then pick up some turquoise glitter on a brush and lightly strew over the freshly painted part of the nail.
4. Continue with the other colours. As per step 3, add silver and copper on your nail. Remember to work fast before the top coat dries. Use tweezers to remove the sticker.
5. Repeat step 3 and 4 on the other nails. Wait 5 minutes for your nails to set and dry then sweep away all the glitter that didn’t stick to the nails with a big, soft brush.
6. Seal your design with two coats of a clear, fast drying top coat. Now you’re ready to party!
*It will help you to clean up glitter easier.
**For this step don’t use fast drying top coat!
Did you try to use loose glitter in nail art before? How do you like these Sparkling New Year’s Eve nails, will you give them a try?