This Neon Mosaic Summer nails were inspired by the shades from the new L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Le Vernis collection. While refining ideas (because I always have more than 5) I also took into consideration my Beauty Expo outfit and altered the design to suit it. By the way, the unusual manicure in neon shades came very handy. You know, when you’re talking about nail art with the world class manicurists and they casually ask who did your nails and want to have a closer look :)
So here they are – Neon Mosaic Summer nails! The coloured studs contrasting with the yellow base create a statement manicure juxtaposed with details that are so small and neat they make the mani look more complex then it actually is. In fact, it’s easy and super fast to do!
The idea of coloured studs does not exclusively belong to me. After seeing this nail design by the French nail blogger La Paillette Frondeuse I wanted to try coloured stud nails too. The process of creating coloured studs wasn’t as straight forward as it initially appeared but after some experimenting I’ve finally worked it out. So if you wish to re-create the look, check out the nail art tutorial below!
- Apply a protective base coat. Apply 2 coats of yellow polish on all nails. Apply high shine top coat.
- Attach studs on all nails in the pictured pattern.
- To colour the studs, paint with a detailing brush using different polishes. Allow enough time for polish on studs to dry.
- Seal the whole nail with a fast drying, high shine top coat to secure the studs.
- ORLY Nailtrition – base
- L’Oreal Paris Color Riche shades – #834 Banana Pop, #833 Wasabi, #827 Acid Watermelon, #829 Atomic Purple
- SN Detailing nail art brush
- SallyHansen Diamond Flash top coat.
Now, over to you!
How do you like these Neon Mosaic Summer nails? Have you ever tried coloured studs?
– Maria, xx
P.S. If you try this Summer Mosaic nail art, I would love to see it! Tweet or Instagram me @So_Nailicious your manicure with a tag #sonailicious.