“Pink flamingo, the child of sunset…” words from an old song like a distant memory came rushing my mind as I was covering my nails in Flamingo, the latest polish shade from Napoleon Perdis. It is such a great strategic move for Napoleon to start producing his own nail polish range, don’t you think? Buying a lipstick and not being able to get a matching (or contrasting) nail polish is like having the moon in a sky without stars. Like being in love without a lover.
The new Napoleon Perdis Love Birds collection inspired by a painting of Australian artist, Felicia Aroney takes the idea of finding your perfect (lipstick- nails) match to the whole new level. A nail polish and a gloss packaged in complimentary shades packaged in a cosmetic bag that showcases Felicia’s artwork. It’s romantic, cute and actually, touching. And, the collection has arrived in the right time too. It’s Valentine’s Day!
Now, to find our more about the Flamingo set, read our review below and if you read till the end, there is a surprise for you!
- Set Inlcudes: make-up case, nail polish and lip gloss in complementary shades.
- Lip Gloss: the lip gloss adds a tint to your lips resulting in a wet lip look rather than a full-on colour. It’s very sheer and perfect for layering over lipstick to add additional gloss.
- Formula: Very thick almost creamy, highly pigmented and 3-free. It’s very similar to Tom Ford’s nail polish formula.
- Application: 2 coats for full coverage.
- Finish: Classic glossy creme.
- Brush: The brush is pretty good but because the nail polish is so thick, it feels like a a more rigid brush is needed.
- Wearability: With a top coat it lasted 3 days chip free.
- Nail Art: Great for any kind of nail art.
Availability: now $49.00 via David Jones, Napoleon Perdis beauty counters.
So that was Flamingo. As you know, there are more colours in the collection and today thanks to the team at Napoleon Perdis, we’re giving you a chance to win the Dove set!
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Comment on this post with your most creative answer to this question: “Why is the Flamingo such a cool love bird?”
The giveaway closes next Monday, 17 Feb 2014, midnight. The winner will be announced here on Tuesday, 18 Feb 2014 and contacted via email. Open – worldwide.
Update, 18/02/2014. The giveaway is now closed and the winner is Jenny. The prize was be posted to the winner on 21/02/2014.