Surprise, surprise! Another fashion inspired nail design is here for your viewing pleasure. Marc Jacobs is one of the most influential fashion creatives. He is the genius behind the eponymous label, Marc Jacobs and a creative director of Louis Vuitton since 1997. What he shows one year is likely to become a major fashion trend the next. For instance, Marc Jacobs is the one to blame for the ubiquitous black and white check and thick stripe patterns that are now in retail shops.
Speaking of today’s nail art, it was also inspired by the gorgeous blue shade of Bio Sculpture Prince. This fine blue glitter polish was too beautiful to put away in our stash so it’s been sitting, gleaming on our office table for ages. We just needed to come up with an idea that would show it’s beauty to the full. As soon as we saw an image of the Marc Jacobs yellow with blue sequinned stripes ensemble on Pinterest we knew we had the beginnings of a great nail art idea!
So the beauty of Prince, genius of Mr Jacobs and our curious imagination produced this nail design! Scroll down for a quick how-to.
- To paint the blue stripes in the middle of each finger – use striper brush and follow the same technique as shown in this tutorial.
- For accent thumb nails, paint the blue stripe in a single stroke the middle of the nail. Attach studs immediately.
- Seal your manicure with one or two layers of top coat.
How do you like this design, lovelies? Will you be trying it? Or, have you ever done any fashion inspired nails? Either way, we’d love to see it! Instagram or Tweet photos of your nails by tagging them #sonailicous.
Disclaimer: products were provided by PR or brand for our consideration. Full disclosure policy can be found here.
Did you enjoy this post?
- Then stick around! Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter here to get our weekly email updates with the latest nail news, tutorials and nail care tips.
Do you know someone who would enjoy this article?
- Please share this post and make them happy!