Yes, there is such thing as Instagram style and it’s the foundation of your Instagram success. It determines whether you’ll be featured and gain more Instagram followers or sit on the sidelines while others become what you always wanted to be.
We all have a set of unique talents and are capable of many things but some people succeed and others don’t. Why? Well, one of the reasons (and the harsh truth) my friends is: we all are judged by our looks. In the real world we get about 10 seconds to make a good first impression. This can open the doors to more opportunities. Online, things happen a lot quicker so your Instagram style needs to follow a few simple rules.
The first step is only show the best you can do and do it in a memorable way. It’s hard to stand out in a crowd of 300,000,000 users but it is possible by developing your own unique Instagram style! How do you do that? Well, here comes the genius trick:
That’s it! Simple right? Now here’s 5 tips for achieving that elusive consistency.
- Choose your niche and stick to it! Whether it’s food, makeup, flatlays, sky, nail art or your garden. Stick to 1 subject per Instagram account. 95% of your photos should relate to this niche.
- Use the same Instagram filter (or no filter) for all your photos
- Use one font for all of your Instagram banners, ads and whatever else you put words on
- Choose a colour palette for your account and stick to it. Edit all of your photos the same way ie. bright and girly, sepia, black and white, cool moody shades, etc.
- Find your signature pose (outfit post, face pose or hand post) and stick to it. Do not copy others, come up with your own even if it takes time. It will help you to stand out.
Now, over to you! Have you been deliberately consistent with your Instagram style? Personally, I find it quite a challenge as I like experimenting with poses, colours and subjects on @So_Nailicious but I’m getting more disciplined!
What are your best tricks for developing your unique Instagram style? Do you have any tips for staying consistent? How do you resist posting a picture of that amazing ice-cream or cute cat on your feed?
– Maria, xx
P.S. If you liked this post, here’s more useful Instagram Tips.
Want more Instagram and social media tips?
Sign up to our dedicated Social Media Newsletter – just for social media and blogging articles and news.