Once we said that the best neon nail polish is made in Greece. Well, it appears that the best holographic nail polish is brewed in Denmark. Ladies and gentlemen meet FNUG Psychedelic! It’s very hard to make holographic polishes, the balance needs to be perfect. However, FNUG owner and founder Charlotte has managed to come up with a holographic formula that has the shiniest and strongest holographic effect yet.
Want to know more FNUG’s performance? Read our full review below!
- Formula: Great density formula that contains nourishing protein, strengthening silica and delicate caviar. The varnish contains vitamins A, D, E and B. Also fast drying and 3-free (No Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate).
- Application: easy to apply, just 2 layers of polish shown – no top coat. Note that holographic polishes look best on perfectly even and smooth nails. The holographic effect appears to be stronger if you apply FNUG Aqua Fix Base coat and we also found that Essie Ridge filler works too.
- Finish: Beautiful, moderately glossy, linear holographic nail polish.
- Brush: absolutely fantastic, mid thickness brush.
- Wearability: Long lasting, to 4 days chip free without top coat but it can get worn out at the tips of your nails.
- Nail Art: Perfect as a base for any kind of nail art (example below), for striping tape nail art or two toned nails.
- Extra Notes: Made in Denmark!
Nail Art: holographic nail polish – FNUG 38 Psychedelic, coral – FNUG 44 Flip Flop, FNUG Aqua Base and Sally Hansen Diamond Flash top coat. If you need tutorial for this look, please refer to this Chevron Nails Tutorial from our book.
FNUG 38 Psychedelic Overall Impression: Fantastic quality nail polish with the strongest holographic effect. It’s easy to apply, easy to remove & 3-free. Pretty much the ideal nail polish. It’s a bit more expensive than your average indie nail polish but the outstanding quality, professional packaging and vitamins rich formula make this a worthwhile investment.
FNUG Nail Polish available: now online via FNUG shop 125 DKK, 17 EURO, $25 AUS
So, what do you think about this holographic beauty? Have you tried FNUG nail polish before? What other holographic nail polish brands do you like?