To continue with our festive theme this week, we’re showing how to do a glittery mix’n’match Christmas manicure. The great thing about this nail art tutorial is that by learning how to do this design, you’ll be able to do almost any kind of Christmas nails. In fact we’re showing you not just one, but 3 designs packed in one look!
For our mix’n’match Christmas nail art we used traditional festive colours of red, green and gold. However, it could be done in any colour combo you like. For instance, silver, blue and white or black and red colour would also look fantastic.
- Paint nails in metallic gold nude and shimmer red shades as pictured. Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Cover pointer finger with 2 layers of large gold large glitter.
- On the ring fingers and thumbs, use striping nail art brush to paint diagonal stripes as pictured with dark green nail polish. Clean the brush before your next step.
- Using the same striping nail art brush paint diagonal stripes with a gold shimmer on ring and thumb fingers.
- Using a detailing nail art brush paint a Christmas Tree with dark green by first outlining the boarders and then filling in the colour. If a hand drawn Christmas tree is too difficult, utilize this nail art trick.
- Decorate your tiny Christmas tree with loose gold glitter or fish some large particles from the gold glitter nail polish you used in Step 2. Let your nails dry for a few minutes and seal the design with 2-3 layers of top coat. Clean up around cuticles with an angled brush, if required.
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dry 22 Jumpin’ Jade – green
- ORLY Star Spangled – red
- ORLY Lux – gold shimmer
- ORLY Too Fab – gold glitter
- OPI My Vampire is Buff – nude
- ORLY Polishield top coat
- SN 01 Warrior detailing nail art brush
- SN 03 Spear striping nail art brush
- SN 04 Slayer clean up brush
How do you like this glittery Mix’n’Match Christmas Nail Art? Have you started doing Christmas nails already?
– Maria, xx
MORE USEFUL POSTS:
- 12 Fabulous Christmas Nail Ideas
- Christmas Plaid Nail Art Tutorial
- BREAKING! Christmas Stickers collection is here