The ombre nails look has grown from being a trend to almost becoming a classic nail design. Cosmetic brands are also jumping in on the ombre trend bandwagon and offer various kits – from hair dies to nail polishes. Always keen to try anything new, we test drive for your one of the recent Fing’rs innovations – Fing’rs Edge Ombre Nail Kit! They come in three different shades purple, pink and blue. Today we’re testing purple!
Like the look? Want to know more about the kit and where you can get it? Scroll down to read our full review!
A Fing’rs Edge Ombre Nails Kit Contents: 5 Polishes 0.9 fl. oz. (27.5mL), and 1 sponge.
Finish: Creme. If you only wear polish, you’d definitely need a top coat for a glossy professional look. Any ombre nail art (whether it is a kit or not) should be always finished with a layer (or two) of top coat. We describe the ombre nails technique in great detail and why you need top coat it in our book.
Formula: Rich, highly pigmented formula – 2 coats is enough for full coverage. Fast drying. Not 3-free, so pregnant women note – you can’t use these!
Brush: Thin and soft, the brush is not the easiest to work with but it’s still fine.
Application: It was quite easy to create ombre nails with the polishes from the kit. The sponge provided isn’t great. We’d recommend replacing it with your own make-up sponge with finer pores for better application. As you can see on the close up photos, the colors didn’t quite blend with each other resulting in an unintentionally textured look. You can see how flawless, perfectly blended ombre nails should look here and here.
Longevity: Even with a quality top coat our manicure lasted only 3 days.
Nail Art: One of the many advantages of gel is you can create any type of nail art you like because the gel won’t dry until you’ve cured it.
Fing’rs Edge Ombre Nails Kit – overall impression: Perfect for those who don’t have large nail polish collections and would like to have a few matching shades to create nice looking ombre or gradient nails. The shades are lovely and by getting this kit you’re basically adding 5 new matching shades to your nail polish collection.
- The sponge from the kit must be replaced with a finer makeup sponge for a more even application of the gradient. Also, a top coat is essential for ombre nails but it is missing from the the kit. By not including a top coat and not even mentioning it in the instructions, manufacturers are risking leaving their customers disappointed.
- Overall, the kit would make a great gift for nail art beginners – lovely shades that are fun to play.
- Used: Fing’rs Edge Ombre Nails Kit in purple #32867, Essie Good To Go top coat.
- Fing’rs Edge Ombre Kit available: in Australia in Priceline, $12.99 per kit, in the USA – Ulta and Drugstore.
- Now we’d love to hear your opinion dear nail art enthusiasts. How do you like the idea of a special kit for creating ombre nails? Have you tried the Fing’rs Edge Ombre Nails kit or any other kits?
- Disclaimer: products were provided by PR or brand for our consideration, opinions expressed are our own. Full disclosure policy can be found here.
Did you enjoy this post?
- Then stick around! Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter here to get our weekly email updates with the latest nail news, tutorials and nail care tips.
Do you know someone who would find this article useful?
- Please share this post and make their day.