Fall nail designs can be bright, edgy and utterly chic! Case in point, take this minimalist manicure with geometric shapes. While white is typically perceived as a summer (or winter) colour, the four different shades of brown used to create the details and gold studs transform this manicure into a perfect Fall nails look. A great bonus, it is also very easy to do! Check out the nail art tutorial below…
By the way, this Fall design was created for the Fall Nails challenge. I took inspiration from the classic Fall colours but wanted to make it all look fresh and chic, rather than moody. Well, I’m quite happy how it all turned out. There’s certainly nothing melancholic about this edgy Fall nail design ;) and I can’t wait to see what Fall nail designs you’ll create during this challenge! If you haven’t heard about it yet, here’s all the info on how you can join in.
- Paint all nails white and wait until nail polish is dry. Attach wide tapes on all nails as pictured.
- Fill in the areas within the tapes with different shades of brown nail polishes
- Accurately remove the tapes.
- Add metallic studs and seal it all with 1-2 layers of a matte top coat.
- OPI Alpine Show
- Wide striping tape
- Cirque Colors Dakota – nude
- OPI Icelanded a Bottle of OPI – taupe
- OPI You Don’t Know Jacques! – cool brown
- Essie Partner in Crime – dark brown
- Rose gold studs – from eBay
- Mavala Matte top coat
Now, over to you!
How do you like this edgy Fall nail design?
Have you already started planning your manicure for the challenge? ;)
– Maria, xx