Seasonal colours are nothing more than just a clever marketing move, aren’t they? How many of you have thought, “Oh it’s 24 of March today. I better wear something spring-esque on my nails” It’s more like, “I feel nice today! Why not to wear some pink nail polish?” (Or, “I feel sad… Let’s paint them black”) Am I right?
So, even if it’s autumn in Australia, I don’t feel like getting all dark and gloomy yet. Quite the contrary, I’m in the mood for pastels at the moment. Luckily, while walking pass an Essie stand recently, I couldn’t resist picking up two of their relatively new* pastel shades. *New colours for Australia, not so new for the rest of the world. But if you’re looking for the perfect blue or pink pastel nail polish, keep reading!
Essie Pink About It, a beautiful blossom pink with micro holographic shimmer from the Breast Cancer Awareness Winter 2013 Collection and Essie Rock The Boat, the french blue with shimmering effect from the Naughty Nautical Summer 2013 Collection. Both polishes have a romantic feel to them and if the formula was a bit more pigmented, I’d happily put them on a pedestal of pastel nail polish but…
Read full the review below!
- Formula: Easy to apply, fast drying and 3-free, DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde free.
- Application: Too sheer! 5 coats needed to get an opaque look. That was really disappointing as usually Essie cremes need no more than 3 coats to achieve 100% opacity. As a solution, when using Essie Rock The Boat and Pink About It, for faster manicures and more intense colour it is better to layer them over 2 coats of pure white polish.
- Finish: Glossy creme with micro holographic shimmer – blue in Essie Rock The Boat and pink in Essie Pink About It. The sad bit is that this shimmer almost invisible on nails.
- Brush: Signature Essie brush, thin but very easy to use.
- Wearability: With a top coat it lasted 3 days chip free.
- Nail Art: Perfect as a base for any nail art, great with anything white or silver, also perfect for gradient manicures.
Essie Rock The Boat and Pink About It overall Impression: Beautiful, feminine shades of pink and blue with a stunning subtle holographic shimmer but too sheer to be used on it’s own and the shimmer is almost invisible on nails. However, if you like pastels or looking for an unusual wedding polish colour, go for it!
So, what do you think about Essie Rock The Boat and Pink About It? Like it? Do you own any of these?