The spookiest time of the year is just around the corner and that means… Halloween nails! For this Dripping Blood design, I paired two classic colours – red and black, to match almost any Halloween costume. And, to make this nail art really stand out I added cuticle art! It’s unusual and bold look, perfect for a Halloween party.
This Halloween nail design is suitable for beginners and is very quick to do. Just follow our tutorial.
You will need:
- red, white and black nail polishes
- striping tape
- detailing nail art brush
- base coat and top coat
- Paint all nails in red and wait till your nails are touch-dry.
- Cut square pieces of tape and place as pictured. Leave middle finger and thumb without the tape.
- Now work one nail at a time. Paint the nail with black nail polish, then carefully remove the tape with tweezers. Repeat on all nails with tape.
- Draw a black triangle on the top of the middle finger and thumb nail.
- Use a detailing nail art brush to draw the drops. On the black nails, paint the drops with white polish and use black on the red nails.
- Wait till the white drops on the black nails are dry. Then, using a nail art brush, paint red polish over them. When it is done, apply a fast drying top coat. To finish your design continue to draw drops on your fingers using a detailing brush with red and black nail polishes.
Of course, cuticle art won’t be long lasting but for a Halloween party, it will do the trick!
Used: Kinetics King Of Red, Kinetics Beginnings, Kinetics Jet Black and Essie Gel Top Coat.
Did you ever try cuticle art? Will you give these Halloween nails a go?
That’s it, enjoy!
– Elina/NailScope, xx
P.S. As always, whether you will use this Dripping Blood Halloween nail design tutorial or invent your own spooky manicure, make sure you show us. Tweet or Instagram us a photo with a tag #sonailicioushalloween, we’d love to see your creations!