Sweater nails are perfect for Christmas. Whether it is snowing or not in your part of the world, you can easily add some festive vibes to your look by wearing a cosy sweater… on your nails! This nail art may look a bit complicated but it’s much easier than knitting a jumper and you already have all the materials. Sweater nails can be done in any colour combination you like. Try neon sweater nails if you’re in a summer part of the world this christmas or go for dark neutrals if you’re in the snow. Now, let’s do it!
Follow our 6 step tutorial to get ready for the sweater season!
YOU WILL NEED:
- beige, brown, gold and gold glitter nail polish
- detailing nail art brush
- striping nail art brush
- base coat and top coat
- Decide which nails will be brown and gold and apply 2 coats of nail polish on each nail.
- Start creating the sweater texture on your pointer finger by drawing a row of short, diagonal brush strokes as pictured.
Then add one more beside the first one and add one coat of glitter to the gold nail.
- Finish creating the sweater texture (rows of short diagonal brush stokes) on your pointer and little finger nails.
- Take a detailing nail art brush and draw the pattern on your middle finger as pictured.
- Use a striping nail art brush to draw long thin lines on the both sides of the pattern. If some lines didn’t turn out well, use a detailing brush to correct any mistakes and smooth uneven lines.
- Finish the design by adding dots to the middle finger pattern. Allow 15 minute for your design to dry, then apply a clear top coat to seal and smooth the design.
What do you think about these Christmas sweater nails? Keen to give it a go?
– Elina/NailScope, xx