Black nail designs… Last week we looked at some of the best ideas for white nails so it is logical that we look at black nails today! Black nails are such a classic elegant look and one of my long time favorites. In 1994 I even painted my nails in black with water colour pencils just because I couldn’t find a black polish anywhere in post-Soviet Russia! Well, we don’t need to go to such great lengths to wear black nail polish any more. Instead, we celebrate the classic chic of black by creating new elegant manicures.
Check out these 6 fab black nail designs:
- A great manicure idea from always ultra-cool Camille of Pshiiit. Use striping tape to outline and separate deep blue duo-chrome shade from opaque black.
- French manicure with a twist – more about this design here.
- The famous Gatsby-inspired nails – re-create the entire look or just add the golden details to nail tips this manicure will look equally great. See our tutorial here.
- Black and white nails with a studded pattern on accent. More about this design here.
- Chic black nails with tiny golden studs outlines. Manicure by Demelza’s World.
- Black with silver gradient. This manicure will look especially beautiful in black shimmer, like the Dior Diva shade used by Camille of Pshiiit.
How do you like these black nail designs? Which one is your favorite? Do you prefer white or black nails? And, if you try any of the featured designs, Tweet or Instagram us a photo of your nails (tag #sonailicious). We’d love to see them!
To learn how to do the above nail designs, grab a copy of our 30 Easy Nail Art Designs E-Book
Ombre Black Nails with Jacqueline Burchell Kit & Review
Matryoshka Doll Inspired Black Nails