By popular demand today I’m sharing my signature Beach Shore nails how to. Super quick and easy it’s a perfect design for a beach holiday or any other occasion when you feel like a funky bright manicure. This nail art technique that I’m about to show you can be easily utilized for hundreds of other nail designs in any colour you like, not necessary blue. Also, it can be done in gel and shellac if you like.
Plus, in Australia, spring (which is in fact warmer then European summer) is just about to arrive! Which means bring it on beach parties, long days, warm nights and of course, bright beach nails!
Without further ado, let’s see the how to.
You will need:
- Sand nude, teal and electric blue nail polishes / gels
- Gold flakie foil
- Wide flat nail art brush
- Detailing nail art brush
- Top coat
1. Apply 2-3 coats of nude nail polish on all nails and apply 1 coat of a quick drying top coat. Let it all dry for 15-20 mins.
2. Work one nail at a time. Apply electric blue on the tip of the nail and right below apply bright teal nail polish in random strokes.
3. Saturate a flat wide nail art brush in acetone and drip it over the boarders where teal and electric blue polish meet and where teal and nude meet. Gently pat the surface of polish (without touching your nail!) with a brush to help acetone to spread and create wavy pattern.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 over all nails.
5. Take gold flakie foil and rip a few tiny pieces using tweezers or cuticle cutters. Then using a detailing nail art brush pick up these tiny pieces and place randomly over each nail.
6. Finish your nail design with 2 coats of clear top coat.
NOTE: step 1 is very important. If you do not allow your nails to dry after applying top coat (or forget to cure gel) acetone will simply ‘eat’ through the base colour without creating the desired wavy pattern.
- Kester Black Monarch
- SoNailicious x Say It With Polish Palm Trees Ocean Breeze
- OPI Be There in a Prosecco
- Mavala Gel Top Coat
- SNB Gold Foil
- SN flat and detailing nail art brushes.
I hope you enjoyed this easy breezy Beach nails how to. It’s pretty easy, just make sure you follow the steps precisely ;)
– Maria, xx
P.S. Looking for more cool summer manicure ideas? We’ve got you covered, here’s 12 amazing beach nail designs.