After the ombre extravanganza we had on SoNailicious this week, we continue the theme in today’s nailspiration post. Though, some may call this type of nail art a gradient*. In any case, the subject is not the actual gradient/ombre effect but what you can do with it later, what kind of toppings you can add!
Here’s our 8 best decorated ombre and gradient nail designs:
- 1. Nails with Gradient Triangles by Pshiiit.
- 2. Atomic glitter gradient, by yours truly. You can do either classic glitter tips (as pictured) or reverse glitter gradients, like this one.
- 3. Ombre nails with stamping by Pshiiit again!
- 4. Salt’n’Pepper glitter over rainbow gradient nails by Chalkboard Nails.
- 5. Insanely chic half moon gradient nails by Globe & Nail.
- 6. Textured rainbow nails with Zoya Pixie Dust by Ashley is PolishAddicted.
- 7. Pastel ombre nails with a hand drawn paisley print by OneNailToRuleThemAll.
- 8. Vertical rainbow gradient nails by WickedNails.
The idea of topping ombre nails with a pattern is particularly appealing because of the infinite variety. Here’s a few suggestions – try animal print, tribal or any kind of geometric print. Have a look at the drawings of Aubrey Beardsley, he was a master of beautifully ornate designs.
* Unfortunately Encyclopedia Britannica neither contains definition of gradient nails no definition of ombre nails. So feel free to call this type of nail art either ombre or gradient!
Did you enjoy this post?
Then stick around! Subscribe to SoNailicious Newsletter here to get our weekly email updates with the latest nail news, tutorials and nail care tips.