After the gradient extravanganza we had on SoNailicious this week, we continue the theme in today’s nailspiration post. Though, some may call this type of nail art an ombre*. In any case, the subject is not the actual gradient/ombre effect but what you can do with it later, what kind of toppings you can add!
Here’s our 8 best decorated gradient nail designs:
- 1. Nails with Gradient Triangles by Pshiiit.
- 2. Atomic glitter gradient nails, by yours truly. You can do either classic glitter tips (as pictured) or reverse glitter gradient nails.
- 3. Ombre nails with stamping by Pshiiit again!
- 4. Salt’n’Pepper glitter over rainbow gradient nails by Chalkboard Nails.
- 5. Insanely chic half moon gradient nails by Globe & Nail.
- 6. Textured rainbow nails with Zoya Pixie Dust by Ashley is PolishAddicted.
- 7. Pastel gradient nails with a hand drawn paisley print by OneNailToRuleThemAll.
- 8. Vertical rainbow gradient nail art by WickedNails.
The idea of topping gradient nails with a pattern is particularly appealing because of the infinite variety. Here’s a few suggestions – try animal print, tribal or any kind of geometric print. Have a look at the drawings of Aubrey Beardsley, he was a master of beautifully ornate designs.
– Maria, xx
* Unfortunately Encyclopedia Britannica neither contains definition of gradient nails no definition of ombre nails. So feel free to call this type of nail art either ombre or gradient!