Australia Day is on this weekend so this is the perfect opportunity to tell you more about this fantastic country (via nail art!). If you’re Australian you can just enjoy your fellow Aussies’ nail art talent.
Here are 8 Australia Day nail ideas that are not only inspirational, they’re educational:
- Koala Nails (by SoNailicious): Another native Australian animal, the koala bear. They spend most of their lives sleeping and although they are called bears, they are actually harmless and eat only eucalyptus leaves! Their round, fluffy ears and large, spoon-shaped nose make them one of the cutest symbols of Australia
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Nails (by More Nail Polish): while Canberra is the official capital of Australia, Sydney is the business center. The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of the most iconic Australian constructions. It connects Northen Part of Sydney with the South and Central parts and is the longest single span bridge in the world.
- Platypus Nails (by OooooShiny): The platypus is a funny looking animal with duck bill, a pouch and webbed feet. It also lays eggs and only lives in eastern Australia and Tasmania. It is one of the five extant species of monotremes, the only mammals that lay eggs instead of giving birth. Also, it is incredibly cute!
- Kangaroo Nails (by MoreNailPolish): Yet another animal only found in Australia. It is the unofficial symbol of Australia and appears on the Australian coat of arms and also on some of its currency. There are 4 types of kangaroo and about 50 smaller species that are closely related to kangaroo, like wallabies for example.
- Australian Flag Nails (by LilyandJinks): The flag of Australia is a predominantly blue with the Union Jack in the upper hoist quarter, and a large white seven-pointed star known as the Commonwealth Star in the lower hoist quarter. The fly contains a representation of the Southern Cross constellation, made up of five white stars. We love our Southern Cross in all forms on nails too ;)
- Vegemite Nails (by TheNailTrail): you can’t appreciate the taste of it unless you’ve spent at least 6 years in Australia. It looks weird, it tastes even weirder, it’s smell is indescribable but there is nothing better in the morning than toast with butter and vegemite on it.
- Aboriginal Art Nails (by PolishedPeripherals): Aboriginal art is a traditional style of native Australians painting. Bright coloured dots and spiral like patterns are common. Australian indigenous cave art is some of the most ancient still in existence today.
- Green and Gold Australia Day Nails (by NailingAround): green and gold are the unofficial colours of Australia. They are the colours of our national sporting teams. The exact colours are specified as being PMS 348C and 116C, and are often referred to as the “green and gold”.
Hope you’re now all gear up to have an awesome Australia Day!
Which nail art is your favorite? Or, have you already done any Australia Day nails?
Whether you try one of the above designs or have your own Aussie nail designs show us! Tweet or Instagram @So_Nailicious your nail designs with a tag #sonailicious. We’d LOVE to see your work!