I’ve been getting a lot of questions about my makeup since starting our YouTube channel 2 months ago. So today I’m sharing two summer makeup looks that I wore for our upcoming YouTube tutorials. You might have already seen a sneak peek on my Snapchat (username: SoNailicious)
The great thing about these looks is that they are achievable and suitable for real life situations. I love experimenting with makeup, like this and this, but I generally prefer to keep my makeup down to earth and quick. ‘Maximum impact with minimum effort’, that’s my main makeup motto which conveniently leaves more time left to do nails!
I used the new Dior Eye Reviver eye shadow palette in #002 from the new Dior Milky Dots collections for both of these looks. Yep, these polishes are from the same collection. I’m a big fan of palettes, they make makeup application so much easier. A great bonus, Eye Reviver has great quality makeup brushes included and an eyeliner too. If you don’t have Eye Reviver, any other nude palette, this or this for example, will be fine.
Now, let’s have a look at what’s involved with this easy how-to.
Look 1. Daytime.
Suitable for a date, lunch, brunch or whenever you feel like wearing more on your face than just a lip balm.
Look 2. Statement / Evening.
Suitable for a night time or even day time if you’re a red lipstick girl.
- Apply primer.
- Apply medium coverage foundation on your face and neck focusing on areas that require more coverage.
- Apply some under eye concealer. Here’s a tutorial on how to conceal dark circles under eyes like a pro.
- With a large makeup brush, apply loose powder to set the foundation-concealer mix.
- Using a large fluffy makeup brush (like this), apply a little bit of loose powder all over your face to set the foundation-concealer mix.
- Use an angled soft flat brush (like this) to apply highlighter to cheekbones, the tip of your nose and around lips. It’s a trick I’ve shown a few times on Snapchat.
- Apply some bronzer to cheeks.
- Eyes? Easy! Just create a gradient on your eye lids from as many colors as you want to use in the palette. Using eye a small fluffy brush, apply the lighter shades under eye brows and darker shades on your eyelids. Finish by applying a brown eyeliner along your lash-line.
- Use an angled eye brow pencil* to add some definition to your eyebrows.
- Apply 1-2 coats of black or brown mascara.
- Lips: Look 1 – apply peachy tone lip gloss, Look 2 – outline your lips with a red lip pencil and then apply moisturing red lipstick.
- Face: Napoleon Perdis AutoPilot primer, Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat foundation in 1 Ivory, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer in Neutral/Medium, L’Oreal Nude Magique BB powder, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and Clarins Summer Bronzing Compact
- Eyes: Dior Eye Reviver palette #002 (in AUS available here), Marc Jacobs Eye Brow pencil in Medium Brown and Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara in Noir.
- Lips: Dior Addict Milky Pop #376 lip gloss and Givenchy Le Rouge A Porter #301 Vermillon Creation.
- Nails: Look 1 – Dior Plumetis and Look 2 – marble nails (see tutorial here).
Now, over to you!
Do you prefer brighter or lighter makeup colors for summer? And, what do you think about these summer makeup looks – easy, right?
– Maria, xx